I am so thankful for my parents and their green thumbs, I know I don’t have it in me. So for now I will continue to be thankful for the boxes of fruit and veggies they send me in the summer! When I was little, we had loads of raspberries each summer from our garden. I have to say, raspberries are my favorite fruit, with strawberries in close second of coarse.
Today’s raspberry crisps are both gluten-free and easy to take on the go. My serving size for this recipe is for four people, but it can easily be doubled and baked in an 8×8 inch baking pan to serve a larger group. I favor the “crisp” part of the raspberry crisp, so I loaded both the top and bottom full. I made these in small jelly jars so I could pack them up and take to go. It’s perfect for a summer BBQ.
Gluten Free Raspberry Crisp
Makes 4 jelly jars
3 – 6oz containers raspberries
3/4 C Granulated sugar
2 tbsp Gluten-free all purpose flour
For the Crisp
1/2 C Butter, at room temperature
1/2 C Brown sugar
1/2 C Gluten-free all purpose flour
1 C Gluten-free cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees
- Wash and dry raspberries thoroughly
- Combine raspberries with sugar and gluten-free flour. Use a wooden spoon to gently combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter with gluten-free oats, brown sugar and gluten-free flour. Use a pastry cutter or fork to blend the butter into the dry ingredients. You will end up with small clusters of butter and oats. Ain’t no harm in tasting a bite either!
- To assemble the jars, cover the bottom with oatmeal crumble in all four jars.
- Proceed to fill with the raspberry mixture. You can fill these jars right up to the top because they will compress when baked.
- Lastly, pile on the crumb mixture and don’t be shy. You can gently press it into the raspberries.
- To bake these, I placed them on a cookie sheet with a baking mat to prevent them from sliding during transporting from the counter to the oven. If you don’t have a baking mat, no worries, just use a little bit of caution. Do not bake these with the lid on.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes on a rack placed in the middle of the oven. Bake until the crisp on top is golden brown.
The great thing about these jars is you can serve these warm or cold. You can also reheat them in the microwave for a minute, but again, don’t forget to take off the lid. I served these with a giant scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top. Yum!
More Gluten-free dessert just for you: